There are many uncertain things in the “New Normal” that can cause anxiety. And with the shift to work-from-home and increased frequency of video calls, it has put our faces and teeth in a position of prominence. Whether you are a first-time denture wearer or a seasoned user, you should be able to face these uncertainties with full confidence with the help of these self-care tips:
1. Make your denture care a priority to maintain good oral hygiene. Caring for your dentures is part of maintaining good oral health. Some Filipinos clean their dentures with toothpaste or plain water, but this may not be as effective as a good denture cleaning solution. Regular toothbrushes and toothpaste have an abrasive effect causing tiny scratches where bacteria and fungi can buildup.
2. Use the right denture cleaning tools. Bad denture cleaning habits can cause denture damage, bacterial growth, and bad breath. Using a denture cleaner like Polident Cleanser works best as it can provide deep clean in 3 minutes and kill 99.9% of odor-causing bacteria.
3. Use denture adhesives for comfort and stability. Adhesives offer an extra layer of stability by attaching dentures to the gums. This gives denture wearers the confidence to eat and speak in public, laugh freely, and get close to their loved ones. Highly-recommended product Polident Adhesives offers cushion between dentures and gums, long-lasting stronghold, and minimizes food entrapment to help you enjoy a life free of denture worries.
4. Bite on both sides when you eat. Try not to bite down using your front teeth, as this could dislodge your dentures. Chew evenly on both sides to help your gums get used to the gentle pressure. Once you feel more confident with how to eat with your dentures, you’ll be free to tackle tougher food such as harder fruit and meat.
5. Treat any pain immediately. If you’re getting used to your new dentures, you may experience some mild discomfort, which should subside as your mouth adjusts. If your gums continue to feel sore for a prolonged period of time, your dentures may need adjusting. Just one small adjustment could dramatically increase your comfort in no time.
6. Store in water overnight. It is recommended to put your dentures in a glass filled with warm water and soak it overnight. This prevents it from warping or losing shape and ensures that hard-to-reach debris is dislodged. For effectivity we suggest adding the Polident Cleanser Tablet to your overnight soak, it’s super easy to use and it will provide a deep clean that kills most odor-causing bacteria.
It’s important that you feel comfortable with your dentures – they shouldn’t hold you back in any aspect of your life. Try Polident Cleanser and Adhesive and live a life free of denture worries. You can buy it now at a special discounted price from Shopee with the 6.6 promotion, visit the Shopee GSK official page https://bit.ly/shopgskshopee.
For more information about Polident, visit https://www.mydenturecare.com/en-ph/