One can never be too old to be vain. At 56 years old ( proud of it), I have no plans whatsoever of going to an aesthetics salon for enhancement. Until Marlou Colina.
Whenever I see someone who has obviously done something to his or her face- invasive, or non-invasive alike, I would tell myself, this person is insecure and no not me! I will never resort to such treatments. But when I met Marlou, things changed. Because I saw how honest he is as a person. And, how he really wants to make everyone beautiful inside and out.
Before I let you see my transformation, get to know more of Marlou.
Meet “MC” Marlou Colina
Marlou Colina is a Filipino-American Celebrity Licensed Aesthetic Specialist. His road to becoming one of the sought after Multifaceted Beauty Specialist in California started when he discovered his craft in Hair Styling and Make-up at a young age of 14 years old. During that time he did styling for his classmates for stage play productions. He also worked part-time as a glam expert in beauty pageants.
In 1999, Marlou opened his first Hair and Make-up Studio in Mandaue City, Philippines. He broadened his craft by sponsoring beauty shows in ABS-CBN Cebu. It was in 2001 that he moved to America and pursued further studies in Nursing then Cosmetology and Aesthetics.
With his entrepreneurial spirit, Marlou opened his Colina Salon and Med Spa in Long Beach California. It offers top-notch Hair Styling, Make-up, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics Procedures. His place is a frequent stopover of local Filipino and foreign artists doing shows and events in the US.
Marlou has a dynamic personality. To name a few of his accomplishments:
- Hair & Make-up Stylist in ABS-CBN’s The Filipino Channel in San Francisco
- TV Segment Executive Producer and Host on Adobo Nation Colina’s Beauty Menu
- Featured Hairstylist & Make-up Artist in FOX 11 Oscars Red Carpet Coverage
- Distinguished Individual in Business & Styling for the year 2015 in Los Angeles, USA
- Most Outstanding Business Person in Cosmetology in 2014, Gawad Amerika, Hollywood, USA
- Included in 100 Most Outstanding Filipinos in America in 2012
In his career, Marlou handled famous personalities like Harvey Weinstein, Kylie Minogue, Selene Gomez, Lorraine Schwartz, David Foster, Jim Brickman, etc. He also groomed Filipino celebrities like Martin Nievera, Pops Fernandez, Zsa Zsa Padilla, Aiai Delas Alas, KC Concepcion, Sarah Geronimo, Jonalyn Viray, Kathryn Bernardo, Boy Abunda and many more.
Marlou is passionate to take his craft to a Multifaceted concept of Beauty.
For him –
“I believe that I am a stylist for a reason. My dream has always been to make people’s lives beautiful. And I know that is the reason why God has put me into this place – this is all His will.”
MC Multifaceted Care Beauty Approach
We combined Aesthetic & Medical thru our unique Multifaceted Care Beauty Approach. We see your skin, eyes, eyebrow, nose, lips, hair plus the others when we treat & beautify you. We see the whole you. We recreate a person without them going under the knife.
MC is known for his #DARETOBARE. A skincare process that consists of 4Rs.
- Damaged skin build-up is one of the major causes of skin damage and dull-looking skin. This treatment protocol re-structures the skin and collagen formation.
- This approach in the skincare program includes the different treatments of Chemical Peel protocols designed for specific skin types. This treatment protocol will bring your dull skin and treats your unwanted melasma, skin discolorations, and acne stains, back to the “baby skin” #nofilter camera-ready result without the use of make-up.
- The degeneration process of collagen production is inevitably part of the aging process. This treatment protocol is designed with a combination of non-surgical collagen dermal refills both intradermal and intravenous approach.
- This treatment protocol brings you back to your throwback photos where you don’t see those fine lines, wrinkles, and loose skin. Facelifts are now possible with advance state-of-the-art treatments that need no surgery. We call it the “lunch-facelift”.
Melasma is a discoloration of the skin and can cause dark spots on the face. Melasma is a common skin problem among women in the Philippines. It causes brown to gray-brown patches, usually on the face.
It has a significant emotional impact; such as feeling bothered, frustrated and embarrassed, and depressed about their skin appearance.
Most just “COVER” their face by:
- Putting Makeup
- Applying dangerous peeling solutions
- Putting substandard creams
- Doing self-medication
Introducing MC’s unique and innovative skincare program Re-drape to conquer Melasma. A treatment protocol that will bring your dull skin and treats your unwanted melasma, skin discolorations, and acne stains, back to the “baby skin” #nofilter camera-ready result without the use of make-up. No machines, no lasers, no harsh chemicals, no pains, only all-natural procedures, with minimal downtime during the post-treatment process.
And to jumpstart the process, MC Aesthetics presents a new breakthrough in skincare that fights Melasma. As we age, the body produces free radicals that result in Sun Spots, Liver Spots and Melasma, caused by hormonal imbalance, Sun’s UVA and UVB race, or free radicals that result in the formation of Melanocytes.
Marlou Colina a Celebrity Medical Aesthetic Specialist, CEO of MHCO Group of Companies, a business conglomerate of gasoline retail and distribution, and a Real Estate Developer based in the Philippines and in the United States, now introduces a product that will help men and women fight skin condition known as Melasma. This 100% all-natural serum is one of the fast-selling products due to its efficacy and dramatic results seen in patients suffering from Melasma. Key ingredients are Hyaluronic Acid, Collagen, Elastin, Glutathione, Kojic Acid, Alpha Arbutin.
MC Aesthetic Lightening Serum is formulated to target the darkened area by blocking the Tyrosinase Inhibitor enzyme that is responsible for melanin pigment formation.
This serum is indicated for the face, armpit and any areas of the body that needs lightening treatment.
With few drops needed, apply the serum to the affected area day and night.
Yes, indeed! Only a few drops Mommshies! Do not go overboard because you will have the same outcome. A colleague was so excited that he finished his bottle quickly, so he needs to purchase another one.
And now, take a peek and see what I have gone through with MC’s Serum and products!